Resume - CV
San Jose, CA firstname.lastname@example.org
Developer experienced in maintaining new and existing web-based data-driven applications. Critical thinker taking design to the next step with robustness and modularity. Achieve high quality by communicating in app phases of design planning and execution. Learn new technologies quickly enabling ability to perform all required tasks. Collaborate in requirements analysis, design, configuration, change and risk management. Ability to Designs into functional web applications using Modern Web, Node.js, and Mongo. Create RESTful services with Node.js. Deliver scalable web architectures. Create Unit and Integration tests to ensure code quality. Write code that is cross-platform and cross-device compatible. Work in a cross-functional team to deliver a complete user experience.
07/2019 - Now
Sr. Software Engineer - Apple, inc. via Bayside Solutions
- Optimize performance capture tool
- Core team deploying Selenium Grid used for multi-browser testing
- Role out Jira Bug tracking and Project Management
11/2007 - 04/2019
Staff Software Engineer - Paypal.com of San Jose, CA
- Lead Developer and Product Owner for monitoring platform feature design
- Drove architectural vision for centralized data source collection for monitoring platform, leading to easier onboarding of applications to the platform
- Created alert tracking web application (in NodeJS) to forward alerts to one inbox & single dashboard to show data.
- Create dashboard application (in NodeJs) that enabled teams to view application health without the need to keep multiple windows open, reducing average detection time from 15 minutes to under 5 minutes.
- Saved $80,000 annually in licensing fees by doing cost benefit analysis on an outdated, out of standard hardware solution for Web Traffic optimization. Then decommissioning said hardware.
- Reduced incident detection time (using MongoDB and NoSQL for caching) which Improved usability with e-mail graphs, Grid widget and heat map-like view to show aggregates of health.
- Advanced use of new tools (Splunk, OEM, Aternity, Actional, Sharepath, ElasticDB, Kibana, Grafana) with proofs of concept and educational sessions to enable developers to self-serve without relying solely on triage teams.
- Mentor Junior Developers in feature prioritization and code review processes.
09/2004 - 11/2007
Engineer, Web Development and Architecture - Paypal.com of San Jose, CA
* Convert legacy CGI code to XML based templating language * Instrumental in introduction Web 2.0 standards to site for accessibility and maintainable code. * Create specialized Fraud Investigation page, which increased agent efficiency by over 600% * Responsible for Fraud, Risk, Financial Products, and Customer Experience verticals web development * Created new products that effectively increased agent efficiency and resulted fraud savings from day one, leveraging Ajax, DOM scripting and open JS libraries. (Estimated $15M annual-saving; review times down from 10 minutes to 2 minutes) * Received 4 spot light awards for personal achievement
06/2001 - 09/2004
Sr. Web Applications Engineer - JWAY Group, Inc. of San Jose, CA
- Architect systems and data models for small to medium sized projects with UML & Use Case Driven Design
- Construct projects using Core J2EE patterns, Apache Struts, XSLT, EJB, and SOAP Web Services
- Optimized existing systems by reducing the database interaction action, improving SQL operations, and enhanced session management, which led to 75% faster load times
- Aided in Oracle data recovery resulting in a savings in excess of $10,000
- Co-developed WAP tool for searching command library using WML, XSL, & XML to be used with Palm, RIM pager, WAP-enabled phone and PocketPC devices
- Managed teams of 2 - 7 developers to timely deliver stable, sound projects that made the client happy!
- Led company to adopt Extreme Programming practice of development and requirements exchanges to enable more predictable scheduling, stronger test cases, pair programming, pattern usage and merciless refactoring
05/1999 - 06/2001
Web Applications Engineer - JWAY Group, Inc. of San Jose, CA
- Co-built a content management framework for developing web applications that eases maintenance and modularity and utilizes XML for ease of internationalization and localization
- Enhanced systems to add-on Verity Search, Real-time chat, message boards & security/entitlement
- Developed internal tools to increase employee efficiency: wizard to create db admin, employee database admin, software library, process management documentation, and bug tracking process
- Designed ColdFusion application framework using the Model-View-Controller paradigm
- Focused team meetings on requirement communication and design implementation
- Designed and developed personalization / customization system for Enterprise Web Application, using the technologies of ColdFusion, WDDX, and DHTML
- Involved in network administration and server security implementation
05/99 - 06/01
Software Engineering Test Intern - Microsoft/PowerPoint, Inc. of Cupertino, CA
- Researched and reported on in-house development tool for departmental usage
- Created 70% of test files for department use with in-house development tool
- Contributed to automated testing and system evaluation using VB
- Created test scripts to open PowerPoint dialogs, which were used in the International Testing pack
Skills & Accreditations
- SUN Microsystems Certified JAVA Programmer 1.4
- IBM Certified Developer - XML and Related Technologies
- Allaire(Macromedia) Certified ColdFusion Developer
- Brainbench.com certified Java, ColdFusion, XML
- Technologies: JDBC, SOAP, REST, AJAX, jQuery, YUI, Android SDK
- OS: Windows XP/7, Linux (Red Hat)
- Servers: Jakarta Tomcat, Apache, Jboss EJB server, Oracle 9, MySQL, CruiseControl, Hudson
- Tools: vi, EMACS, telnet, CVS (WinCVS), Ant, JEdit, Eclipse, ClearCase, ClearQuest, UCM, Subversion, GIT, Jira
- Frameworks: jQuery, CodeIgniter, Smarty Templates, Flot, Google maps API, Spring, SpringWeb, Facebook API
- San Jose State University San Jose, CA (1999) BS in Computer Engineering
last updated: Sep 06, 2019